I love good kitchenware and gadgets. It can be a pot, pan, a cute spatula, coffee mugs (I have quite the collection), serving bowls, a nice and sturdy cutting board….if it’s useful (and cute!), I’m a fan.
My latest favorite thing is a pan. A brownie bar pan to be exact. I’m a fan of brownies. Especially the edges. This pan makes each brownie have edges. Brilliant!
Today I used it to make blueberry muffins for the kids. I know it’s just a pan but it made the muffins look SO cute!
I cook quite a bit and entertain a lot here at home and so I like to have good quality kitchen items that make it easy to do both. Here are a few of my favorite items I have in my kitchen that get tons of use:
- The Spiralizer. Addicted to this thing. I use it one to two times a week. Stick a zucchini on it and make some zoodles. I love to make cucumber noodles as a base for a quick greek salad for lunch. The kids love it when I use it for potatoes…..string fries anyone? The Spiralizer is just FUN! Amazon.com is where to get this gem.
- A good set of knives. There is a lot of dicing, chopping and slicing in the kitchen here and having a fun AND good set of knives to do that with makes all the difference. I bought our set at Costco.
- The said brownie pan. I think it’ll be used a lot for more than just brownies….think cute little cakes and yummy brunch quiches. The possibilities! I picked up this one on Amazon.com.
- The cutting board. This is a workhorse in my kitchen. I use it for everything. It’s a great place to chop and slice and dice, but also makes a great serving piece for entertaining. I’ve used it a bunch of times as a cheese and cracker board. I have several wooden boards that I like to bring out for entertaining, but this one gets used the most. I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but you can order one from Amazon as well.
- White dinner plates. I do keep a stack of paper plates in the cabinet as well for those times when a quick meal is needed and I don’t feel like washing dishes after eating. We use white dinner plates for our dinners mostly and it makes all the difference in making a meal feel nice and makes us slow down to really enjoy our family meals together. And the white just makes a meal look pretty and the colors pop. I’m a fan. I got my set (with bowls and saucers) at IKEA. Nice looking and very reasonably priced.
- The Kuerig. Need I say more? We LOVE our morning coffee. Rob and I use this every single morning and we just started using our french press on the weekends, when our mornings are more easy going. We buy our coffee in bulk at Costco (we like dark roast). And the fact that I can have a cup of coffee in less than a minute….sometimes that’s the only thing that makes me get out of bed on a Monday morning. No shame.
- White serving bowls. Again, to me, food looks pretty in and on white dishes. A nice big kale salad with yummy toppings look amazing served in a bright white bowl. I use these a lot for our family dinners and for entertaining.
That’s it! I just recently started liking to cook (and to me recently is within the last 3 years….I’ve been cooking for about 20) and these kitchen goodies make it fun and easy and dare I say, enjoyable.
I hope you have a great rest of your week! I think I’ll be baking some chocolate chip cookies on Friday, because it’s almost the weekend!